Today we said goodbye to an old friend. I knew the day would come where we'd have to sell Dan's scooter, but I didn't think it would come so soon. Dan picked me up on our first date on the scooter, we went for long drives in West Provo on the scooter, and we traveled around town at all hours of the day and night on the scooter. I know it's silly, but the scooter has grown to have a special place in my little heart. We never again will get to join in scooter gangs and drive around Provo late at night on the 4th of July, honking our horn and waving at kids camping on the sidewalk. We never again will get to just go for a drive and feel the wind in our hair and smell the smells of Provo. I know it makes sense to sell the scooter because we can't have it when we move, but it still breaks my heart to see it go.
The Scoot in all it's glory.
Dan is sad to see it go.
I am also very sad to see it go.
We enjoyed "The Last Ride of the Scoot" on Wednesday.
Goodbye Scoot. Thank you for all the fun memories. Maybe one day we can get another scooter just like you.
No comments:
Post a Comment