Saturday, August 18, 2012

First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage, Then Comes...

First comes love,


Then comes marriage,


Then comes, you guessed it,  
baby in the baby carriage!


Yes, Dan and I are having a baby! I am 12 weeks today, so almost out of the first trimester. I think the story of how we found out is cute, so I will share it now. 

So the morning we decided to pee on the stick, Dan had decided that it was his lucky day and that he wanted to be the one to read it. I agreed, so I did my business and set the little stick on the counter of the bathroom. I went back into the bedroom to wait and after a few minutes, Dan told me it was negative. Of course, I didn't want to believe him so I said, "Are you sure? There's not even a faint line?" And Dan goes, "Well yeah, there's a faint line." The way he said it was like yeah of course there is. He obviously didn't see the significance of this faint little line, but me, having read many things online about such matters, knew instantly. I turned around, unable to believe it, and told him that even a faint line meant that it was a positive. I hurried into the bathroom to check the test and there it was, a second, faint pink line.



We immediately called the doctor to get a blood test done just to confirm it, and they called the next day to confirm that we are, indeed pregnant. We also went to Babies R Us that day to buy our baby its very first gift, two little pacifiers in both purple and green.

So how has the first trimester been? Rather rough. I have been getting up to pee at night like six or seven times, I get morning sickness in the evenings, I can't eat a lot of the foods that I was eating before to help get protein because of food aversions, and I have been craving pizza in every form (bagel bites, pizza rolls, English muffin pizzas, and regular pizza). My face has also been breaking out like I'm going through puberty again. Needless to say I can't wait to be done with the sickness and food aversions so I can get to feeling normal again.

And yes, we had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days, just to make sure everything was going well, and we were able to see a tiny speck of our baby.


We also were able to hear our baby's heartbeat through my tummy at our last appointment, and that was pretty dang cool. 

So to sum it up, here is a picture of my tummy right when we found out we were pregnant (at one month, aka no tummy) and now (almost three months).



4 comments:

  1. yay yay YAY! Congrats Chelsea!!! You will be a great mom:) Maybe if we come to Des Moines our kiddos can be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so excited! Name it something really cool.... Like Deangelo. Or Donda-lashelle. YEAH??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo you don't really know me, beyond that we grew up in the stake, and I sat next to you at Audrey's baby shower, but somehow I came across your blog and I've been blog stalking you for awhile. So I figure there is no better time than now to come out, because I'm so excited for you! Babies are the best, and I'm sure you will be an awesome mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Oh Chelsea! Blessings! Couldn't be more thrilled for you two! Look at that little bump! Hello baby!!

    ReplyDelete