Saturday, February 09, 2013

37 Weeks: Nursery Reveal and Final Preparations

Well I only have three more weeks, aka 21 days, until my due date! Dan and I are so excited, and we can't believe it's so close. I frequently am amazed that this baby has been inside of me for eight months. The fact that he is now considered full-term and would probably be 100% healthy if he was born right now is so crazy to me. It really is amazing that people can reproduce and make little people.

Anyway, this past week I have been doing the final things to get ready just in case he comes early. We have everything in his room ready, we have his car seat in the car, we have our bags packed, and I even made a bunch of freezer meals with my friends. I am still going to make some more vegetarian ones, but it's not urgent, because we currently have 14 meals and 8 calzones all ready to go in there.

Here's a picture of (almost) everything I packed in his diaper bag. His going home outfit is on the left :)


Our freezer. As you can see, there is still a little room!

And now, for the nursery reveal! I absolutely love it. Everything is so perfect, and I know that even though it's going to get all messed up when he comes because we're actually going to be using things, it's fun to go in there and just look at how nice it looks now.

The recliner and lampshade I covered with leftover bedding fabric.

Our adorable subway art that I made. One for Nebraska, the Rockies, and the Jazz. Yay!

A straight shot of his crib with the banner hanging above.

The window, changing pad/dresser (I've had it since I was 3!), and crib.

The crib and bookshelf in the corner.

Bookshelf with all his little books, and my baby bag! In case you are wondering, yes it is all packed :)

The closet and the banner above it.

Half of his closet. Aren't his little clothes the cutest!?

The other half of the closet. Blankets, pacifiers, safety stuff, and bath things.

An inside look at the bedding I sewed.

Another shot of the crib and bedding.

So pretty much, if he comes soon we will be ready. We are hoping he doesn't come before the 22nd, because up until then Dan has a bunch of tests at school. But any time after that is good. I would be 100% happy with him coming before his due date because I am so huge and uncomfortable and excited and ready to sleep on my tummy again haha. You know you're very pregnant when you have to push yourself in three shoves to roll over in bed. For real.

And here's my lovely 37 weeks belly picture for your enjoyment:



P.S. For anyone who cares, my scripture cover tutorial that I made with Becca back in May now has 2338 views! Aka, that one post has 400 views less than this entire blog that I have had for a few years. I am very proud of myself :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok I am sooo excited for you girl! I was just sitting here in Mia's nursery feeling all those same things and now I have a 2 month old, it comes fast! His room turned out so cute! Love the bunting and you are going to looove that recliner, I have slept in mine a lot, it's so worth it! I'm just so excited for you and Dan! Put up lots of pics when you have time... Pretty sure I didn't do anything but feed the baby and sleep For the first two weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is so soon!!!! So happy for you! Don't wait too long to update your blog once you have him. We will be so anxious to hear how everything went and see pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete