- He now eats solids three times a day. He has rice cereal in the morning, fruit and veggies for lunch, and then some fancy oatmeal stuff for dinner.
- If you hadn't guessed, this is helping him grow fast! I bought him some new pajamas last month and I already had to buy him new ones again last week! His cheeks are plumping up, and it's the cutest thing! Other than that, he's still pretty skinny. Just getting long!
- He now has a pretty good routine of two naps a day. They range from 30 minutes to an hour and a half, but I take what I can get. He has a morning one and an afternoon one, and stays awake about three hours in between them.
- He can now feed himself little snacks! And he loves them, I might add. He is doing a lot better at holding them with his thumb and first finger, and it's the cutest thing. We need to work on only eating one at a time, though.
- He can get up on all fours, rock a little bit, and scoot backward. He is getting pretty close to being able to move forward, so by eight months I'm sure he'll be crawling.
- His favorite toys are El Senor de Mono Grande and Flutterby. One is a monkey and one is a butterfly (I bet you can guess which is which. Also, Dan named the monkey).
- His hair is getting long! Dan asked me the other day when we are going to cut it and I got sad. Once his little mohawk won't stay up anymore we'll probably have to give him a trim. But he doesn't have any more bald spots on the back!
- He has figured out that he can roll to get to places and get things. So his motivation to crawl is a little lacking. The other day I looked away for a few minutes and he was suddenly all the way by the front door. This means we will be in need of some new furniture to keep things out of his reach soon!
- His favorite books are "Hop on Pop" and one called "Sniff" that has pull tabs and things to feel. We read one of these almost every day when we sit down and read in the mornings.
- Sometimes he shortens "mamamamamama" into "mama," but it's usually only when he gets upset or wants something. So I don't think he knows that's me yet. I still love it, though!
- He goes to bed between 7-8pm and only wakes up once a night to eat, usually around 3-5am, and then wakes up for the day between 7-8pm. Needless to say, we've been sleeping really well recently.
- He's trying to figure out a sippy cup, but mostly he just likes to chew on it and play and get water all over his face.
- His favorite songs are "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" and "Popcorn Popping." I can start singing them and he while smile no matter what.
- We just had to move his jumper up to the highest setting yesterday, which makes me sad because it means he is going to be too big for it soon! He love to jump so much so it will be sad when he can't fit any more.
- He also sat in a high chair at a restaurant for the first time. He loved it! Now we can take him out of his car seat when we go out to eat and it's so much better! He also loves riding in the shopping cart when we go get groceries.
Sunday, October 06, 2013
Lucky Number Seven {Months}
Jameson is seven-months-old! I honestly feel like he just turned six-months-old. I don't know how time is going by so quickly! He is so much fun and is still a happy little boy. He LOVES to play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment