It's crazy how someone you are sure you despise becomes your friend when you bond over a Brownie Rockslide. The girl that I couldn't stand at work suddenly was pretty cool yesterday. Someone ordered a brownie and didn't want it, so we got to eat it. It was delicious. And then the rest of the night she didn't bug me. I don't know if she's just mellowed down after working there for a while, or if I just suddenly changed. But it was pretty cool. I actually enjoyed her being there and I don't dread working with her again tonight. Pretty sweet. I want to be nicer to her.
I need to rant a little. I know how much I say this, but I really do not like work. I'm not making enough money to live on for our little family. I'm sick of getting crappy sections. I was a double yesterday and they tried to make me lead for both shifts. No way. Then I had a four-table section, while everyone else had at least five tables. I'm going to talk to a manager tonight and tell them I'm probably going to quit after the holidays. I'm going to be taking six classes and I could easily find a job where I don't get as stressed and I don't have to work as hard, for the same amount of money. I don't like waiting tables. I don't like stupid incompetent people. I don't like having to go to a place where you are underpaid and management takes advantage of you. I don't like sharing tips. I think it's stupid. I was so ready to quit last night. But I can't because we need to have some income. As much as I enjoyed spending every night home with Dan last week, we still need money. It just sucks. But I need to make the best of it. I don't have any other option, really. Oh well. I have a good life.
Also, I have been saying ouch every time I run into something. Even when I just step on a blanket or something lame like that. I just keep saying ouch. It's dumb because most of the time it doesn't hurt. But every time I run into something it just comes out. It's weird.
Well, I finished both seasons of The Office that we have. So now I am on to season one of Home Improvement. I loved this show. It's so good. Anyway, today has been spent developing my recipe for s'mores brownies. I'm going to have some people test the two types and then vote. One type has graham crackers in the mix, and the other has crumbles of graham cracker on top. I'm very excited :)

No comments:
Post a Comment