Unfortunately, we did end up losing by quite a bit to Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns, but I had a great time nonetheless.
Friday night we got all dressed up in our costumes and went to our ward Halloween party. It was at a cabin in Sundance. Apparently it is owned by one of our bishop's clients and he lent it to our ward for a night. It was a giant cabin, had amazing decor and interior, and was full of super nice and comfy furniture. We were some of the first to arrive so we got to make a caramel apple and enjoy some of the fresh desserts and candy. Once people started arriving, we went down to the basement and Dan taught me how to play pool. I have never played pool, but I have watched people play. Dan taught me how to play, and it paid off because I beat him twice. He then gave up and went to go shoot basketball on the mini hoop game, which he beat at and regained his confidence. Anyway, it was amazing and beautiful up there and I had a lot of fun seeing other couples' costumes and getting to know a few families better. It was way fun. And my costume got a few compliments, which made me night because I spent a while making it and hoped it looked legit. I was an indian and Dan was a cowboy. We were super cute together. I only got one picture sadly, but here it is:
Aren't we adorable? Anyway, I had to work a double on Saturday, and I actually for the most part enjoyed myself. Almost everyone wore their costumes and people I like worked with me so it was really fun. It was frustrating because I only made $119 the entire day, but I did train the entire day too, so I made a little bit more than normal for that.
Then today we woke up and went to church. It was very nice, and in third hour we had a special combined Priesthood/Relief Society meeting that the Bishop taught. He focused on how we are at war with the adversary and we need to do everything we can to strengthen and fortify our homes and families while we are young so that when we have children, they will have a solid foundation and be able to feel peace when they come home. It was very nice and I thought it was very well-done. The speakers in sacrament meeting also spoke on this topic, and it was a really spiritual three hours. It got me thinking how we really do need to be careful when there is so much out there that can harm our family. Even channel surfing at night can be dangerous when you are alone. I don't want our children to have any reason to doubt the truthfulness of the Gospel, and we can start not to make sure they won't.
I'm still working on being a better wife, sister, daughter, and friend. I think my attitude is helping me stay positive at work because I don't get as frustrated at our stupid managers as much. Except for when they are douches to my cute little sister. Some people just don't know how to be nice and respect their employees. Anyway, I'm trying to be nicer and more sisterly to Becca. My mom called today and said Becca told her how helpful and supportive I was yesterday when she was having a hard time at work. It made me feel good because I am already starting to see results of being nicer. And at work, the kid I was training wasn't super good, and one of the other trainers told me that I was probably the best person to train him because I didn't get so frustrated and I was able to stay calm while working with him. That made me feel good too because I guess people notice that I'm a hard-worker and will try to help people out when they are struggling. I don't know if that's necessarily what she was implying, but that's how I felt. I'm going to keep on working on this and see where else it takes me :)
Happy Halloween!


No comments:
Post a Comment