Saturday, October 02, 2010

the job market.

I think I do not like my job. I say I think because some days I hate it, and some days it is nice and I come home in a very good mood. We have a few new managers because our old manager went down to Albuquerque to work at that restaurant. And so, we are left with new managers and the part-owner. I have come very close to quitting a few times in the past week. If it weren't for us desperately needing money and the friends that I have there, I would have been long gone. We have a bunch of new servers, and for some reason, the managers think everybody needs to have smaller sections. Smaller sections=less money. So not only are we making less money, but then the managers go and do stupid things that piss off the servers. For example, today the part-owner decided that he was only going to seat one server until his section was full, and only then was he going to seat the rest of us. The problem with this is that the server who got sat until his section was full was not the opener, he was not the lead, and he had the biggest section in the restaurant. So, being lead, I am supposed to get the best tables. I didn't get very many big parties, and I have not been for quite a while. It's so frustrating because I am one of the servers who has been there for over three months, and I am not making the money that I should be making as a server. Most people think that being a server you would make good money. Apparently not at Tucanos and not in Provo. And the managers are just douches. For example, I asked one of the new managers to take a crate of rolled silverware back to the busser station. He looked right at me, said no, and walked away, headed to the busser station. Seriously? WHO DOES THAT. It's getting to be ridiculous. I want, and just plain need, a more stable, well-paying job. I'm not going to support our little family making $2.13 an hour, and only getting forty-dollars during a five or six hour shift. It's so inconsistent and it is just driving me crazy. I mean I don't want to quit, because I like the people who work there (with a few manager exceptions). But as soon as I find a new, more stable job, I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment