I am in such a great mood. It know it probably won't last until tomorrow night since I'll be back at work, but I have some excellent things going on right now.
First of all, I put my two-weeks-notice in at Tucanos. Monday night I told one of the bosses, but I don't think he took me seriously. Today when I told another manager, he was like oh, okay well we're sorry to see you go. TOTALLY insincere. I felt like he didn't even care. Well, their loss because everyone is quitting and they won't have any trainers. It felt liberating to tell them, though. I was sitting there today in the grill station folding napkins and I realized how much of my anger, stress, and frustration stem from working at Tucanos: ALL OF IT. It's going to be awesome when I don't have to worry about it anymore. I can barely wait.
Second, I got a new job to replace Tucanos! Yay! Last winter Dan and I worked for the Activities Support at BYU and we loved it. It paid $8.79 an hour and we got to pick what events we worked, so essentially we picked our own schedules. After we got married, we quit because we were traveling and the season had ended so there weren't any more events. So in my recent quest for a new job, I got in contact with Chuck, our old boss, and he said he would be happy to have me back! And what's even better, he said it would be fine if Dan came back next semester too! So we have the job problem officially solved! I am so thankful. When I went in to get rehired he didn't even re-interview me or anything. He just gave me the form to give to the custodial services and that was all. I was like YES! The best part is I won't have to work during Thanksgiving or Christmas, so we can actually spend quality time with family instead of having to be back the day after the holidays. I am thrilled.
And lastly, I got my paycheck today. It was the most it's been since I was actually in training way back in June. $141.14. And that's only for two weeks. It was because of all the training I've done. I think we get paid like $5 when training, so I had a massive paycheck and it was awesome. It came at the perfect time, too, because we have about $22 in our bank account. As soon as I got off of work today I went to the bank and deposited a little over $600. Oh and as if that weren't enough, my parents finally got unemployment checks. Since my parents originally told us they'd pay for half of our rent here, and they haven't been able to because of how crappy things are going for them, they have now put a check in the mail for us. I am so grateful. It's going to help so much. And we really needed it right now, too. Just shows that if you are faithful and pray that things will get better, they will. The Lord is always tuned in to our needs and He won't ever forget about us.
I feel amazing. I know tomorrow when I go back in to work it'll go away and I'll get frustrated and angry again, but at least it will be over soon. November 22nd will be my last day. If they schedule me anything after that, I just won't show up. Things are definitely looking up. I can't wait to tell Dan.

No comments:
Post a Comment