Wednesday, January 25, 2012

things little kids say.

Little kids really do say "the darndest things."

At my internship, I work with kids. Some of them are little (like 4) and some of them are older (like 13). It doesn't matter what age they are, they all say "the darndest things." Before I proceed with the story, I need to give you a little background information. A few days ago, I found a little zit right on my lip. Unable to control myself, I squeezed it. The next morning, I woke up with a lovely scab right on my lip. Very noticeable and impossible to cover with makeup. So this is how I went into my internship yesterday. In the middle of homework club, one of the kids goes "What's on your lip?" A normal person would not say anything. But of course, kids are not as versed in social norms and they have to say what they are thinking, no matter what. Needless to say, this made me feel self-conscious.

This experience reminded me of a story. When I was a pre-teen, I babysat the two little girls who lived behind us. They were very fun and I enjoyed babysitting them. One day, I was picking up the younger girl and her hand grazed my newly-growing chest. She looked up at me and blurted out "What's that bump!?" I was absolutely mortified. She obviously had no idea what she was saying, but it still scarred me. My poor little "buds" were just starting to bloom and of course, she had to notice, and she had to say something.


This little boy is the perfect example of little kids saying "the darndest things." Please enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha oh my goodness, I love this. Not just the little reminder of the story but the stinkin' cute little boy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete