Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Graduation, Anniversary, a Cruise, and Moving

Well a lot of big gigantic things have happened in the past two weeks that I have failed to mention.

First, Dan and I graduated from BYU! I officially have a Bachelor of Science in Family Life with an emphasis in Family Studies, and a minor in Anthropology. Dan graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science.  Both of our families came out to Provo to watch us walk and it was really, really great. I cried from happy tears. And I make a pretty ugly face when I am trying to fight back tears, so it was good that there were no cameras around during the times I was unable to control the flow. Anyway, here are some of my favorite pictures from graduation:

The classic picture in front of the BYU sign.

Walking across the stage.

Officially graduated!

My parents and sister.

Dan's grandparents, parents, brothers, and aunt.

My high school graduation in 2007 and college graduation in 2012.
 Second, we shared our second anniversary. To celebrate, we went on a cruise! It was a shorter cruise and it left from California, but it was super fun. Dan and I decided it was both a graduation and anniversary present to us, and we made it a lot of fun. We didn't have the best weather on the trip and we only laid out in the sun one day, but it was still a great trip. The ship stopped in Catalina and Ensenada. Catalina was super pretty and just a fun, cute little island. Ensenada was just Mexico. We went to a little beach resort and it would've been nice except it was cold and very windy. We did get a delicious authentic meal, though! And we met a ton of super nice people on the cruise, which was really cool. It was a great trip, even if we did have to drive all the way to Long Beach! Here are a few pictures:


On our way to California we stopped in Vegas and visited the Pawn Stars shop!

We stopped at the beach for like five minutes. I couldn't resist getting a picture of my cute husband.

Again, couldn't resist. He looked so cozy!

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

Catalina.

We did a glass bottom boat ride. Those orange fish are illegal to catch. They are the state fish of California.

Thank you Katherine for telling us to go here. DELICIOUS taffy and ice cream!

We rented beach cruiser bikes and rode around the island a bit.

Eating delicious ice cream on the beach.

We played mini golf on the ship. We both one once.

Fun but cold!

"Cruise elegant" night.

I can't even explain how huge this flag was.

SUPER windy in Ensenada!
 We drove all the way home from our cruise on Friday and then finished packing and cleaning our apartment on Saturday. After church on Sunday, we went for a little walk around campus. We went to the room in the JSB where we first met and then drove to a few other places that were important to us in Provo. We went to where we had our first kiss, our first date, our first apartment. It was so sweet :) On Monday morning, we officially moved from Provo! It was a long drive, but we are now in Colorado for two months. We will be living here with my parents until Dan's family reunion in July and then moving to Des Moines, Iowa for medical school! Yes, we finally decided what school to go to three weeks ago. It was a long road to get accepted and finally decided about medical school, but I think we made the right decision and I am very excited to be moving on in our lives.

Also, I am going to try super hard to blog more about what we are doing because I have lots of time to do it now. Yay!

Oh and look what we found in the backyard today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment