Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Our Little Idaho Trip

Last weekend Dan and I went up to Idaho to spend time with his family and to go to his mom's graduation from pharmacy school (yay Kim!). I had a REALLY good time. I was actually quite sad to go back home, just because I love his family so much. On Thursday we got to go to a banquet specifically for the pharmacy school and we were able to eat yummy food and celebrate all the pharmacy students' hard work. Then on Friday morning we went to Pocatello again to go to the actual graduation. It was for the entire Idaho State University graduating class, so we left a bit early. But it was great to be able to go and support Kim (and her brother, who also graduated from ISU). Here is a cute picture:


After, we went to Carino's to celebrate and I was classy and got a picture after I had just taken a bite of delicious bread. Dan looks super cute though!


On Sunday we went to a big family party to celebrate all four of our graduations (but mostly Kim's and her brother's). It was really, really fun. We got to play with all the cute kids, drink Grandma's delicious special drink, and have fun with each other. It was a really good day and I was sad when we all had to go home.

Then on Monday, Dan's dad took him, his two brothers, and me golfing. Not mini-golfing, but real golfing. I drove the cart (which I very much enjoyed) and they all played golf. It was fun to be able to go do something like that since Dan and I never do thinks like that.


That evening, Dan's little brother had a baseball game. Their Little League team is the Rockies, so I very much approved going and supporting them (it may have been slightly different if they had been the Diamondbacks or Giants). He was super good! They lost by one but it was fun to go and see him play in a real game.
(For some reason, I couldn't get this right-side up.)
Anyway, I was sad to come back home because we had a really good time. I love Dan's family and I am very grateful to be a part of it now. I've never had an extended family like his that spends time together and it's been really great to feel what that is like. We're definitely going to be continuing the tradition :)

No comments:

Post a Comment