I just want to express my gratitude for prayer. I can't imagine not being able to pray to my Heavenly Father every day. In Relief Society on Sunday, someone shared something that I thought was really nice. She said that Heavenly Father never says "no" in response to our prayers. He either responds with "yes," "not yet," or "I have something better in mind." That's so true. We may feel like we aren't getting an answer to a prayer, but it might just not be the right timing or there might be something even better that will come along soon. I found this quote about hope in my journal a few days ago and I really liked it. I'm pretty sure it's from Preach My Gospel.
"Hope is an abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promises to you. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance. It is believing and expecting that something will occur. When you have hope, you work through trials and difficulties with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for your good. Hope helps you conquer discouragement."
Isn't that beautiful? Everyone goes through struggles and trials. It might be economic hardship, emotional difficulties, the death of loved ones, or feeling like a prayer is not being answered the way you would like it to. But we can always have hope that Heavenly Father will bless us if we stay faithful, positive, and patient. It's hard, but it's definitely worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment