Okay so I know I posted yesterday, but we did something fun today between conference sessions, and I wanted to share!
So apparently there is a movie called "The Bridges of Madison County." I have not seen it, but it has Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood in it (see below).
So our friends told us that guess what, Madison County is like 30 minutes away from where we live, and that means, so are the bridges. So we went there today between the morning and afternoon sessions of General Conference, and it was a lot of fun! I've been wanting to go take pictures of the beautiful changing colors here in Iowa, but I haven't gotten to yet, so I took full advantage of the opportunity today.
The first bridge we stopped at was called Imes Bridge. It was built in 1870, so it is very old. It was super cool though, and we got out and took some pictures. Lots of people had written all over its insides, but it was still neat.
The second bridge we stopped at was the longest, and it was called Holliwell Bridge. It was built in 1880, so it wasn't quite as old, but it was actually over water so it was a real bridge. And it had some pretty trees around it too.
Cute, huh? So then the last bridge we went to was in a park. It wasn't over water, but it was over some leaves that our friends' cute kids played in. It was called Cutler-Donahue Bridge and it was built in 1870.
The park was pretty much the best stop of the day. Why, you may ask? Because it was like Hogwarts in disguise. Not only did we find the hedge maze from the third task of the Triwizard Tournament, but we found a tree that looked oddly like the Whomping Willow. It was fantastic.
So not only were there really cool Harry Potter things there, but the leaves were beautiful! And we found a cute little rock bridge to take pictures at. Oh, and a tower that was built a long time ago that overlooked the valley.
Super pretty, right? Yeah, so it was a really fun day and I'm glad we were able to go with our friends to look at beautiful scenery and enjoy the amazing day that we were blessed with today.


YOU ARE SO PREGNANT. And so beautiful. And you and Dan look so happy. And the colors are beautiful. And the bridges are cute and so cool. I MISS YOU! AND LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete