Monday, October 15, 2012

20 Weeks: It's A.....

Well today we went to the baby doctor and we got to do an ultrasound. It was amazing. When she first put the thing on my tummy and we saw the baby I had a quick little Baby Mama moment of "There's a baby in there!?" Our little baby was awake and moving and mostly cooperative. It was incredible to see all the tiny bones and structures and see the little heart beating again. The tech was great too, because she showed us all the parts from top to bottom, and then at the end she showed us if it was a boy or girl. She also kept telling us that it was such a "textbook pregnancy" and that our little baby looked exactly like they should and was perfect and wonderful. That definitely made us happy, especially because Dan has been learning about baby diseases in school the past few weeks. Anyway, here are some lovely pictures from our ultrasound:

Baby had its little hand up by its face pretty much the entire time. This made it challenging to get a good shot of the face, but that's okay!

Baby yawned and she got a picture of it! You can also see the stomach in this shot, and its little spine.

Cute little spine and knee!

Baby foot! Complete with toes!

I'm not a big fan of 4D pictures, but here you can see it had its little hand up by its face so we couldn't see it all the way. But you can see its little nose!!

And now, the moment you have been waiting for! Did we make a boy baby or a girl baby? Well...



Yes! We are having a baby boy!!! We were both sort of thinking it'd be a girl, but we were surprised and both very happy that we're having a boy. It's amazing how much your thinking of the baby changes when you find out the gender. Like now all I can think about is that we will be bringing a little boy home from the hospital in March, and I keep wondering if he'll have dark hair or blonde hair, and I'm suspecting he'll have blue eyes, but will he look more like Dan, or like me? And then he'll grow up and play ball and watch sports with Dan, and then he'll serve a mission one day for the Church. It's incredible that I'm going to have a son soon. I can hardly wait! Now I have to get online and find some fabric to make baby bedding!!!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't cry through that whole stinkin' thing until you said he would one day serve a mission!! I'm so happy for you two :) And so excited to meet my sweet, perfect nephew. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan has been praying and fasting that he can have someone to watch sports with. Future Nebraska fan in that belly.

    ReplyDelete