Friday, October 26, 2012

Crafting for Baby

Okay, so I will admit right up from that this post is mostly me bragging about the cute things I've made so far for our little baby boy. Now that we know we are having a boy, I have been able to start making some of the things I've been saving up for (I'm not big into gender neutral things). So the last two weeks I have been busy sewing and crafting for him. And I can tell you right now, it is not going to stop because I just bought the first of the fabric I'm going to use to make his bedding, and I can't wait!

Okay, so last week I sewed a car seat cover using SUPER CUTE nautical fabric I got online. It turned out perfect, and I could not be happier with it. I can't wait for our little guy to be in the car seat so I can use it!




Next, I made some little age clothes dividers for the closet. I saw some on Pinterest, and I thought they were really cute, but I wasn't too interested in buying them when I could easily make them myself using wooden O's, mod-podge, paint, and stickers. They also turned out very cute and I am very happy about the way they look in baby's closet.


And I just recently finished making a bunch of matching bibs and burp rags. I only have one more set to make out of some cute weiner dog fabric that came a few days after the rest, but I'm pretty much a pro at it now so it won't be hard :) I picked out all of the fabric online and I love each one! The fabric is narwhals (yes, the whale unicorn things), elephants, footballs, bikes, cars, and orange chevron. I wanted to get some cute baseball fabric and some dinosaurs, but I had to stop myself for now.



I can't wait until I get all of the fabric to make his bedding, because it is going to be so perfect! It took me almost two weeks to officially decide what fabric I wanted to do, because I kept finding cute fabrics, but then either Dan didn't like it, or I didn't like it after a few days. But the fabric I chose is PERFECT and it is even in the colors I originally wanted to do! And I'm going to get a lot of it on sale next weekend because JoAnn is having a good sale and I have coupons. Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. where do you get your fabric online? it all looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etsy! I just looked at a bunch of different fabric, and I found quite a few that I like. So far I've bought from five different shops and they've all been really nice and helpful and ship fast!

    ReplyDelete