Like carve pumpkins! Guess which one my med student husband made :)
And make Halloween sugar cookies!
And we also went to our ward party, and my chili tied for best chili, which was completely unexpected and really awesome.
Okay, so moving on, election day is two days away. Let me preface this spiel by saying how much I hate politics. I hate talking politics, I hate political commercials, and I hate when people are super and overly vocal about their political beliefs. But Dan and I had a chance to go to a Romney rally this morning downtown and it was actually pretty cool! We got to see him and hear him speak and we even got free t-shirts!
![]() |
| That's Romney! Even though it's hard to tell, I promise. |
| Lots of people. |
![]() |
| I hope so! |
![]() |
| The recognizable 'R' logo. |
Anyway, when he was done speaking, we hurried to get out so we could get out of the parking lot quickly. And we decided to go the back way home. Then, Dan had a genius idea to go to the airport, because we figured we could at least see his plane. On our way there, we kept noticing that there were cops at every light ushering us through and holding off everyone trying to get onto the road to the airport. Then we realized, IT WAS FOR ROMNEY! So we made it very quickly for the airport, and we saw his plane, and then we decided we'd drive around again to see if maybe his little car brigade would arrive and we could see him get on the plane. So after driving around once, we saw the big line of big black SUVs and flashing lights pull into a back way and then they drove up to the plane. So we parked and pretended like we were dropping someone off at the airport and Dan got out to go look while I sat in the car. After he walked over a bit closer and came back, we decided to drive through one more time to see if we could see him. We didn't specifically see him, but we did see a ton of people (presumably his campaign team, and somewhere in there, him) all getting onto the plane. It was super exciting because we were the only ones I think that realized what was going on, and we got to see his plane. So that was fun, even though I hate politics.
So now we just have to wait two days to find out what is going to happen.
Also, I am now 23 weeks pregnant (as of yesterday) and baby is the size of an ear of corn! That is so dang big! I am also getting bigger, and things are getting uncomfortable. I have discovered the joys of acid reflux, and even though I've been lucky not to have any stretch marks yet, the weird linea nigra has appeared on my tummy (and it's off-centered, so that's odd). I have a hard time standing up and putting on socks, and I have been wanting chocolate pretty much more than I ever have before in my entire life. And I also have gotten the fabric for the bedding and am halfway done with sewing everything (I have the crib skirt and sheet done). It has been very fun, but March 2nd is still 4 months away and it feels like forever. But it's already November, so that helps. Anyway, here's my 23 week picture (sorry I forgot my little sign!).
And here's a little picture of Dan and me in our free shirts.





No comments:
Post a Comment