Wednesday, April 10, 2013

One Month Update

I've discovered it's way harder to sit down and blog with a baby because when he sleeps you end up doing things around that house that need to get done. But I have everything done right now so here we are!

The last month has been the happiest of mine and Dan's lives. We have the best, most perfect little baby boy. I can't believe he is ours. He has changed a lot in his first month of life. Here are some things about him:

  • He smiles and coos a lot. It's the cutest thing ever. And he makes this little squeaking noise that melts my little heart.
  • While he is longer than he was at birth, he's not a lot chubbier, except his cheeks. He has only grown out of like three things, still wears mostly newborn clothes, and is still in newborn diapers. I tried putting him in size one when we ran out of newborn ones, and we had a leaking diaper followed by a poop-out. So we bought more newborn diapers.
  • He likes bath time. I think it's mostly that he enjoys laying in the warm water and having it poured over him. But he doesn't scream like he did the first few times!
  • The longest he has slept at night was seven hours straight, but most nights he wakes up to eat every 2-4 hours. Which is okay. I actually am not really too tired (but I go to bed when he goes to bed around 9:30). 
  • He is awake more than when he was little, and a lot more alert. He likes to stare at lights and pictures on the walls, and he'll focus on things really well. He's stopped going cross-eyed like he did sometimes when he was fresh.
  •  His hair is growing a little and it's definitely blonde. He has a decent amount in the back, and not very much on the sides. It's super cute when you brush the top back and it sticks up. Cutest baby ever!
  • He enjoys car rides and being in his car seat, as long as it's moving. He falls asleep pretty quickly when we get in the car to go places. 
  • We've decided that he looks a lot like baby Dan did, except with my eyes.
  • He sleeps in the crib now! The first few weeks he wouldn't, but we've gotten to the point where as long as we have music playing and he's swaddled, he'll sleep in his crib. Which is great.
Pretty much, he's the cutest, sweetest, and best baby ever. We are so grateful and blessed to have him in our lives. The good times when he is awake and happy more than make up for the times when I get a little frustrated because he is crying. Which isn't very often because I know how to make him feel better usually. But he is the most amazing little person, and I can't wait to see what kind of little man he becomes.

And of course, here are a bunch of wonderful pictures and videos of our little guy:

















No comments:

Post a Comment