Thursday, May 09, 2013

Two Months Old!

Time flies so fast when you have a little baby, and he's now two months old! Jameson is still the perfect baby, and I've never loved anything like I love him. He is such a smiley, happy little boy. Here are some fun things about him:

  • He likes watching TV. He won't do it for very long, but he likes to sit and stare at it for a while. He has watched a few NBA playoff games.
  • He is in his 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers! It took him a while to get big enough, but he now fits it almost all of his 0-3 month clothes, and I have already put away most of his newborn things because they won't fit anymore.
  • He is SUPER vocal. He squeals, squeaks, and coos like he did a month ago, but he also makes little "ah-gee" and "aye" noises. If you play with him he'll just sit there and talk a bunch. Especially when he's really happy.
  • He only wakes up 1 or 2 times to eat every night, which is wonderful. He's a good sleeper and will go back to sleep after I feed and change him pretty fast. He usually goes to bed between 8:30pm and 9pm, and he wakes up between 7:30am and 8:30am.
  • I know he knows who we are now. I don't really know how to explain it well, but I know that he knows Dan and I because he is happier with us than anyone else, and he smiles at us a lot.
  • He knows when we are trying to take pictures and videos of him. He will still take good pictures, but it's tricky. Videos, however, are a bit harder to do because he pretty much stops what he's doing if he knows there's a video being taken.
  • He is not a fussy baby. The only time he ever really gets fussy is if he's tired and hasn't had a good nap in several hours.
  • We went outside and sat in the grass for the first time. Well, a blanket on the grass. But he was good and enjoyed being outside!
  • He's the best baby ever. Duh.

I took him to his two month appointment on Tuesday, and he did not like that. We found out he is now 11 lbs. and 5 oz., which is 3 lbs more than his appointment at two weeks, and he is also 23 3/4 inches long, which is 4 1/4 inches long than when he was born. He is in the 25% for weight and 80% for height. Tall and skinnny! Anyway, he had three shots on Tuesday. I had to hold his little arms down when she did them, which was so sad! He was fine when she first put the first needle in him, but once he felt the pain he started screaming. She did two in one leg and one in the other, and he was crying so hard! As soon as I picked him up, he stopped crying and just buried into my chest. He was fine and napped when we got home, then he played and was happy for a few hours, and then I think the soreness set in because he got super upset in the afternoon and I had to give him some medicine. It helped and he was fine the rest of the day and night. It was really hard seeing him hurt though. I actually teared up when he was screaming at the doctor and then before I gave him the medicine because I felt so bad! Poor little guy did not like that. Luckily he doesn't have another appointment until he is 4 months old.

He has grown so much, and I didn't really realize it until I put his two month picture next to his one month picture. It blew my mind. Here are some fun pictures of the last month with baby Jameson:










3 comments:

  1. I loved reading this. Not going to lie I teared up a little when you were talking about the doctor. Love you all so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just the sweetest! It sounds like he sleeps so well and going to the doctor is always a little sad :( it's hard when they have to get so many shots at one time. But seriously Chelsea, he is an adorable little boy and I can't wait to meet him one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be there for the weekend of Father's Day so you can meet him then!!

      Delete