Thursday, June 20, 2013
True Happiness is Being a Mother
When I was in high school I was not one of those girls who wanted to go to college and find a husband. That was the last thing on my mind. After a series of events, I ended up at BYU a year after graduating from high school. I still wasn't one of those girls who wanted to find a husband and immediately start a family. Even when I met Dan, I wasn't looking to get married right away. But we fell in love and I knew without a doubt (pretty early on) that he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. We were married ten months after we met, and I thought I couldn't be happier. When Jameson was born three years later, I again thought I couldn't be happier. I am sure every mother would agree, but being a mom really is the best thing that I have ever done. When I go into Jameson's room in the morning after he wakes up and he hears my voice and smiles, when he stops crying as soon as I pick him up, when he finally laughs out loud for me after doing it for Dan for a few weeks, those are the special times that I know he loves me and that I have made the right decision in getting married and having a baby earlier than most people. Family is the most important thing in the world, and it is so special to know that we can be together forever. I am such a different person because I am a mother than I was even a year or two ago. Dan and Jameson are my world and I would do anything for them. I know I will feel the same about our future children, but those special moments when I hold Jameson close and he really looks at me and smiles are moments that I would not trade for anything in this world. There is nothing like being a mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment