Thursday, July 18, 2013

I'm Feeling 24

Yes, Becca, that is a Taylor Swift reference in my title.

My birthday was last Tuesday and I turned 24-years-old. I remember when I started college and I thought that was so old! Well lucky for me I still get excited about birthdays. I'm sure that will change when I turn 30!

To celebrate my birthday, Dan and I went on a date last Saturday to the movies...without Jameson. Yes, we went on our first child-less date since he was born. We went and saw Pacific Rim, which was actually a pretty cool movie. We decided to go after Jameson was already in bed and our friend came and sat with him while he slept. It was a success! He slept the whole time we were gone and we were able to have a nice little time together. Dan also surprised me on Saturday by buying a bunch of cupcakes and cheesecake and telling me to invite a few people over for birthday treats on Sunday! It was delicious and fun. On my actual birthday, we went to my favorite restaurant, HuHot, which is an amazing Mongolian grill. Dan got me a pink pilates mat for my birthday, and we used money I got for my birthday to get me a brand new laptop!! I feel so fancy when I use it (like right now) and I absolutely love it. It took a few days to get used to Windows 8, but it's no big deal now.

I had an amazing birthday this year and I felt very loved and blessed to have family and friends reach out to me and tell me they loved me and happy birthday. I really have so many amazing things in my life and I am constantly being reminded of how lucky I am. So here's to 24 being the best year of my life!

1 comment: