Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Color Run: My First Official Sporting Event

Anyone who knew me up until I was pregnant can testify that I never really used to work out. Even though I have tried pretty much every sport (basketball, softball, tennis, soccer, volleyball, lacrosse), I am just not coordinated enough and I always hated running and practicing, which most sports entail. I enjoyed watching sports, but never participating in them. In high school I even put off my P.E. credit until the last semester, ended up dropping the class, and then I had to take an online jogging class (which I never really jogged much for) in order to graduate.

But when I got pregnant with Jameson I decided I needed to be healthy and start working out a little. Every day I would do stretches and a few workouts so that I could be physically fit. Two months after he was born, I started doing this thing called Blogilates. It's this cute little Asian girl who does a bunch of Pilates videos and puts together a workout calendar for you each month. She is my favorite.

A little over a month ago my friend and I decided to sign up for a 5k and we started running to get ourselves ready. So, today I participated in my very first official sporting event. THE COLOR RUN! It was so much fun. My friend and I did it, and for those of you who don't know what it is, it's a 5k where you wear white and run through four color stations where people spray colored powder at you, so at the end, you are a wonderful colorful mess and you feel awesome about yourself. Dan was a champ and waited with Jameson the whole time (we had to wait a long time before we started). I was able to run almost the entire time (I needed a tiny walking break around the middle) and crossing the finish line felt so good! I was exhausted and exhilarated all at the same time. And very colorful! Mostly blue because the people at that station were awesome at getting you colored, but it was amazing. I am very proud of myself for actually finishing something like this, and I want to keep running and doing more 5ks in the future.






Starting!

 Finishing!



Before                                        After

1 comment: