Saturday, August 31, 2013

Count Your Many Blessings

Recently I've been thinking a lot about how many blessings I truly have. So many people in life have so little. I've never really known or been friends with families who worry about where their next meal come from (or at least not been aware of it like I am now) and moving to Iowa and being in a ward where we have some very poor families who struggle with real problems has been so eye-opening. We know people who have money problems, problems with unemployment, serious health problems, problems with their babies' health, and so many more things that I can't even imagine. Then I look at all the things I have in my life and I am incredibly lucky. My family is healthy, my baby boy is perfect and happy almost all the time, we have a fully-stocked kitchen, we have health insurance, we have two cars, we live in a comfortable home surrounded by friends, we have the gospel to guide us and help us live righteously and make good decisions, we have families who love us, my husband works really hard every day so that he can one day have a good career to support our family, and there are really so many things. I know that sometimes I feel down because I feel overwhelmed or stressed, but I should really just think about all of the incredible things that Heavenly Father has blessed me with. There are so many people out there with real problems that can't be solved by a hug or someone telling them "It will be okay," and really all my problems can be solved easily. I don't know what I did to get so lucky in my life, but I hope I never forget how happy and blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment