Wednesday, November 06, 2013

8-Months-Old!! When Did That Happen?

Today little Jameson turned 8-months-old. Time goes by so quickly when you have a little person to watch grow up! In the last month we got to celebrate Jameson's first Halloween, my sister came to visit, and we took a few family pictures. It's getting chilly here in Iowa, so Jameson has been wearing his little jacket and hat outside. Here are so fun developments:
  •  Still not crawling, but he has figured out that he can roll wherever he wants. And roll he does! He keeps us busy. He loves trying to get the cords behind the TV, the blinds, and the door stoppers. He is speedy, too! 
  • He nursed for the last time this morning! We realized last week that Jameson wasn't getting enough milk from me so we started weaning him and drinking from the bottle twice a day, and then three times a day, and today he nursed from me for the last time. He pretty much weaned himself, honestly. I had been worried about the transition because he used to hate the bottle, but it went so smoothly and was really easy!
  • He has his first tooth! The bottom right tooth popped in on Saturday. It was nice because we had seriously said he was teething like ten times and then had sort of given up. But then we felt the tooth about to come through and knew it was happening! So now he has a little tooth! And I think the next one is on its way!
  • He loves to walk by holding our hands. Sometimes he takes big steps and it's super funny, but he is usually really good at taking steps. Dan and I sort of think he might not crawl and he might go right to walking when he decides it's time. He can't stand up without holding onto things, so that will be a while I think.
  • We are trying to decide whether to style his hair in his signature mohawk that he's had for months, or style it in more of a messy way but not as much sticking up. Why? Because it's now too long for a mohawk. I am not emotionally ready to cut it yet, but we really love the mohawk, so it's rough. Not sure what to do there!
  • He had his first flu shot. Not super exciting, but it happened. He did really good with it, too. Not much crying. He's so tough!
  • He sleeps through the night! Hooray! He wakes up around 7:30-8am and then takes two naps and goes to bed between 7:15-8pm. And then he sleeps ALL NIGHT! This is a recent development and it's been great.We are sleeping really well over here.
  • He loves to feed himself. He doesn't like so much when I feed him anymore, but he will eat solid food when he can feed himself. And he is good at feeding himself, too.













2 comments:

  1. There is no cuter maybe on the face of this Earth. I've never quite understood the phrase "I could eat him up" until right now. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little man is so adorable!! I love it! I love how long his hair is getting on top, it's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete