I can't even begin to explain how much I love things that are pumpkin flavored. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin candles (not to eat), pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin steamers, pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin oreo shakes, and most recently, pumpkin pizza. Yes, pizza. Tonight Dan and I were able to go out to dinner at PPC courtesy of the $100 Dan's mom deposited in his account so we could go on dates. Anyway, they had a sign up by all of their specialty pizzas that said "Pumpkin" so I asked someone about it and he said it was a dessert pizza and a fresh one was just coming out of the oven. So I stood there and waited for it, and it was very worth it. I had two fresh, hot, delicious pieces and I loved every bite. I was so content after that. I couldn't even ask for anything else.
Tonight Dan and I went to Ali and Tyler Brown's little couples party. It was way fun, and Dan and I tied a few others for second place. And I came in second for the girls. Dan made me proud right from the start. I was pretty proud of myself too, because I know he doesn't think I can do stuff like that. But anyway, it was fun to spend time with other couples and be able to actually have a good time and make friends. Sometimes I forget that there is a life outside of Tucanos, and when I experience it, I feel so refreshed. So tonight, I am refreshed. At least for now.
Unfortunately, tomorrow I work a double. For some reason, this week has been the slowest week EVER. I don't know if it's just because it's the beginning of the month, or what, but we have been so slow. I haven't made over $55 dollars any day except for my double on Wednesday when I made $85. Which is NOT good for working a double and being at work almost eleven hours. Which I will be doing again tomorrow. However, tomorrow there is a football game and so that will generate some people possibly before, and definitely after. The game is at twelve, so I don't know how many people are going to come in, but after four we'll get busy because the game will be out. So at least I know we'll at least have some business. Aka, at least I'll be busy for some of my time at work and I won't be standing around drawing pictures like I did last night. It sucked. It's not worth it to be there when I dislike it so much and am not making any money. It really isn't worth the headache.
Despite the sucky job situation, I am grateful that I have a job right now. And that I am able to work as much as I can before Dan and I are both occupied with school. I just need to remember to stay positive and be happy and then everything will work out :)
Oh and I have the cutest husband ever <3
No comments:
Post a Comment