Weekends are definitely the best part of our weeks because even though Dan still studies, he also has more time to be with me!
On Friday night we had date night. I found a Qdoba a few miles away from us a few weeks ago and then I got a coupon for a buy one get one free last week, so we pretty much had no excuse not to go. There is also a Chipotle here, but it's further and I actually think I might like Qdoba more anyway. If only we had Cafe Rio, I would be set for the whole time we lived here! Anyway, it was delicious and it was fun to get out and spend time together. Then we went and watched the Utah/Utah State football game with some friends. Aka the husbands watched while the wives and kids did other things. I worked on a new kind of felt flower that I had never made before, and not only did I not finish it that whole game, I did not finish it until halfway through the BYU game the following day. So that's probably never happening again. It turned out cute, though, and I'm happy about the way it looks on my J Dan got me for my birthday.
Then on Saturday we went to lunch with some other friends downtown at a place called Zombie Burger. It was delicious. We decided it's the place we have to take friends or family who come into town. They have like a million different insane burgers and different flavored cake shakes. I got a grilled cheese, and it was way more than what you would expect. It was two grilled cheeses stacked like buns with lettuce, onions, and tomatoes inside. I'm not sure what everyone else got but they were equally (if not more) wild.
If you're curious, just do a google image search for Zombie Burger and you'll see what kind of burgers we are talking about. Later that day was the Nebraska game, and unfortunately, they lost (sad husband). I was actually disappointed too because I watched most of the game and wasn't expecting them to lose. Boo.
Also, I am now 15 weeks pregnant! Yay! I don't get nauseous anymore but I have been getting headaches pretty frequently and I know it's not because I'm not drinking enough water. My nose has also been turned into a perpetual faucet on my face thanks to the intensification of my lovely allergies. I'm hoping this goes away quickly as fall replaces summer, but I'm not too hopeful. I noticed two days ago that my feet look a bit heftier than I remember. They don't look swollen yet, but you can't see the bones or tendons as much as you could before. Needless to say, this blew my mind. I also look more pregnant now than just chubby. Which makes me feel better :)


No comments:
Post a Comment